- Section 6055 and Section 6056 will help determine who gets subsidies or not.
- The 5500 report is changing. The rules are different for under 100 lives, which is who I deal with often.
- Traditional Reinsurance Tax - for Self Funded payers they are responsible for this fee instead of the insurance carrier. Allied, Assurant, and others help with this requirement.
- PCORI Fees - Again this fee is built into some plans, but not others. You need to be in the know; it's increasing next year, and then will be tied to inflation.
- Health Plan ID Requirement - Small Businesses (under $5 million in claims) have until November of 2015 to comply.
For the full article CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions about this or any other Self Funding issue - EMAIL ME.